Intro to Violin Music Classes
An 8-week Class For Kids 5 And Up
This is a class designed to introduce kids to the violin. Ages 5 and up are invited!
Through songs, rhymes, games, and a playful atmosphere kids can learn while they have fun.
Because we are starting with young children, parents get to be very involved in class and also as home practice buddies.
In each session we will teach the basic skills necessary to play the instrument along with some note reading and important general music foundation. At the end of our 8 week session, students will be able to perform at least one song on their violins and have a solid introduction to music that will carry over to any instrument they may learn in the future.
We will sing a lot of fun songs with the bow and violin separately, then put it all together and learn to perform at least one song. We will also introduce rhythm and pitch notation and simple music theory through games and playful activities. Students and parents will be asked to spend about 10 minutes per day together at home to practice what they learn in class each week. Playing an instrument requires coordination and muscle memory just like a sport. Practice is what makes it possible.
Parents, please consider this a special opportunity to have quality time with your child! Learning the violin is a big challenge for young hands and they will need your support and encouragement. Please know that the curriculum is designed to support parents as the home practice buddy, so you don’t need any particular musical skills before you start. I’m certain you will learn at least as much as your kids and hopefully enjoy the process!
Intro to Violin Group Music Lessons Highlights
- A class designed to introduce kids to the violin
- Convenient location and spacious parking
- Fun and engaging group music lessons with our experienced music instructors
- Repertoire based on the student’s preferred style of music
- Performance opportunities at the Student Showcases held on our stage and at other events held throughout Orange County
- Access to a professional recording studio through free recording studio classes
- The very best music instructors with great performing and teaching experience
Intro to Violin Group Music Lessons Prices
The Intro to Violin is structured as an 8 week courses that meets once a week.
Price for the 8 week program: $135
Violin rental: either bring your own or rent at the Music Vault Academy for $20 per month.
All music lessons include:
- Opportunities to sing at events held at the Music Vault Academy
- Opportunities to sing at nearby community events and festivals
- Recording studio classes
- Production deals (by invitation only)
- Free clinics, shows and events
Our Violin Teachers
All of our music teachers have many years of teaching, playing and performing experience; with most being graduates of, and having master degrees from, some of the best music conservatories and universities in the country: Harvard University, Cleveland Institute of Music, Rice University, Texas Christian University, Southern Methodist University, Boston Conservatory, and University of Southern California. Excellent music instruction and great learning experience are our top priorities and that starts with having the very best music teachers and all the support the school can give them. Our teachers are great with children, adults, beginners or advanced students, and are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.