- To prepare students for becoming excellent musicians and performers.
- To encourage creativity, innovation and an appreciation of all musical styles.
- To engage the broader community through music and educational and cultural events.
- To create a supportive community for students, teachers and other creative people.
- To develop the next generation of music stars from Southern Orange County.
Music Vault Academy was started as a response to the programs offered by the music schools in the South Orange County area. While searching for a good music school for their kids, Music Vault Academy’s founders, Claudiu and Adrian, found that the programs offered were either focused on classical music or rock.
The classical music programs, while emphasizing the learning of an instrument, they did not prepare the students for performing in front of an audience. On the other hand, the programs that focus on performance do not emphasize the technical skills needed to excel at a particular instrument.
Talking about their families’ shared difficulty in finding a school that teaches all the aspects of being a good musician in one comprehensive package, they realized that there is a need for a music school which could provide these comprehensive services essential to the development of a complete artist.
While trying to find if there are music instructors who would be interested in this type of school, it became apparent that the teachers also felt constrained by the current system and wanted to, not only fuse the two teaching trends, but also expand the options of classes being offered.
After taking into account different parents and teachers’ opinions, the Music Vault Academy was started to create the environment where musicians can thrive through rigorous learning, growth as performers, experimentation and through trying out different styles of music.
Why we started the school
Being a complete musician requires more than just achieving a high level of technical expertise on an instrument. One needs to be able to perform in a group, with other musicians, to perform on stage, and engage the audience, to go into a record studio, and know what needs to be done, to engage the public, and turn people into fans.
Most of these aspects are overlooked by most of the music schools, which leave the students unprepared for the music industry.
We started the school …
Because we value
- Our students’ time and effort devoted to improving themselves as musicians.
- Our instructors dedication to their students.
- The community we are part of and which we want to engage in and enrich through our events and programs.
- Music’s unique ability to improve and change people’s lives.
And we believe that
- Learning to play an instrument not only improves brain functions, IQ, test scoring and imagination; but also teaches discipline, responsibility, time management and perseverance; and enhances confidence and coordination.
- Music learning is fun and an engaging and comprehensive music program is more beneficial to the long term development and interest, in playing, of the students.
- We grow as musicians only through connecting with other musicians, exposure to other styles, and interacting with the public.